MLS#538779 - 3 BR/2BA - 2137 Square Feet - 1.7 Acres
Wonderful home in beautiful, private setting on 1.7 acres, just 15 minutes to downtown Asheville. Open floor plan with vaulted ceilings and sky lights downstairs with striking wood stove and fireplace. Master retreat upstairs with loft area for sitting room, office space or library. Great outdoor living spaces, including an open stone patio, spacious covered porch and fire pit. Fantastic garden space and abundant hardwood trees. A special find!
Fairview is the most desirable outskirt community from Asheville. It is a mountainous yet a quick drive (15 min) because we never have traffic and only 3 stop lights between my home and downtown! Our community boasts the best combination of public schools from K-12....Fairview Elementary, Cane Creek Middle and Reynolds High. We have many community based events like: pancake breakfasts, school fairs/festivals, farm based events like square dances, hike and feasts, local food dinners, farm tours/open houses, etc. When you first move to Fairview you will be shocked by how friendly and welcoming everyone is and how quickly you will get to know your neighbors and locals.
The Local Joint is just around the corner. Also within 2 miles are: Angelo's Family Restaurant (good cheap breakfasts and other country meal favorites in a real log cabin), Pizza and More (pick up and delivery pizza/salad/hoagies), Hilltop Ice Cream (yum!), and headed back to Asheville but still in Fairview near the Ingles are more formal eateries that are DELISH! Piazza (owned by renowned Rezaz in Biltmore Village, it's his pasta/entree/pizza restaurant with great ambiance), Great Wall (best to go Chinese restaurant in WNC), and Nachos and Beer (part of the Papas and Beer chain-- so yes its yummy Mexican). If you drive 15 minutes in any direction you can hit all the Arden and downtown Asheville eateries....the others previously listed are all within a few miles of my home in Fairview.
We have a local Food Lion (a nice new one, so its where locals go) just 2 miles from my house, and about 4 miles from my house is the Ingles. If you enjoy local grown and organic food as we do-- we buy our meats at Hickory Nut Farm Store which is open daily and about 5 minutes up the road, and there are several local farms who have road side produce stands that are self serve and you deposit your money and choose your likings. These same farms furnish produce for many of the area restaurants. We also have a small organic convenience store that is awesome--Trout Lily Market. Its about 2 miles from our home.
The yard/land is not common in WNC. We have winter views of the mountains from the second floor, and yet we have a level( little sloped) green space in the back and level/flat space in the front which is great for the kids to play! We are surrounded by trees which adds to the privacy of the home. The windows and the layout of the passive Solar Home makes you feel like you are outside when you are relaxing indoors. I’ve never seen a home with so much natural light.
I have created many unique large "play" and garden spaces in the past years. Down below the property and in the woods, is a shaded, landscaped area ready for a play set or gazebo or whatever your mind invites. I used to have a play set here.
I also have the BEST fire pit you've ever seen. Large rocks placed around serve as natural seating area and rocks landscape the plants around and the fire ring.
Next to the fire pit is a large perennial wildflower garden with an arched entryway and a winding walkway towards the fenced in 8 raised garden beds vegetable and berry garden. I have nurtured this garden for 14 years to what it is today. over half of the garden are perennials so no need to plant every year, just harvest and enjoy...blueberries, strawberries, onions, garlic, raspberries, and blackberries. The other spaces are planted with annual vegetables and ready to go!"
The Asheville area is a wonderful area to raise a family. I’ve lived all across the US and never seen such a mix of culture, family events, public schools, and beautiful mountain lifestyle.
- 3B/2BA on large lot in Fairview- PRIME LOCATION.
- 1.8 acres park-like setting, ideal for families or anyone who desires a retreat-like home.
- Wood floors throughout. Large windows bring in tons of light and add to the indoor-outdoor lifestyle.
- Screened-in porch overlooks the backyard which includes: 30x30 raised-bed and fenced garden, wild-flower garden with path, fire pit with stone seating, great landscaped area for play set or gazebo, rock/water fountain, tree swing, dog pen.
- Driveway in front of house, plus additional driveway in back on cul-de-sac. Beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
- 2 miles from Hwy 74-A, 15 minutes to downtown Asheville.
- Master bedroom, plus bath and walk-in closet on 2nd floor.
- Library loft with double glass doors onto deck overlooking property and with views of mountains. Step-down den (tiled with hand-made Mexican terracotta) for entertainment and/or dining.
- Kitchen has wood floors, granite counter tops, 2 sink areas, and stainless appliances. Ultraviolet air filtration system in entire heat and a/c system and reverse osmosis water filtration system in plumbing. Lots of storage space. Full partially-finished basement with workshop, garage door, workout space. Great school districts: Fairview Elementary, Cane Creek Middle and Reynolds High.
I live on a street with 7 homes with a minimum of 2 acres each. We are all friendly and are all here for each other if we ever need anything, but it is also a very private street. There is no room for building anymore so there is no risk of a house creeping up on my property and changing its retreat like feel. My particular home is unique in the neighborhood as I have road frontage and a driveway in front and then the street circles around several homes and ends up at the back of my property where I own half of the cul de sac out back and I have a gravel drive out back which comes in very handy and the original builders/owners before me stored their camper/boat. I like to use the cul de sac to play with the kids and skate and ride bikes and when we have get togethers, the cul-de-sac and back drive is a great place for people to park and come and go as they please.